Thursday, June 30, 2011

Easy and Quick- Chicken Quesadillas!



Chicken quesadillas are one of my favorite last minute go-to items for dinner. They are easy, healthy and the whole family loves them. They are even easier when you already have cooked chicken in the fridge. I love to do a whole organic bird in the crock pot once a week or so... it's great just to have the meat on hand for dinners like this. 

To make, all I do is chop cooked chicken, organic mild salsa (I like the Trader Joe's tomatillo) and cheddar cheese together. Put a scoop between two whole wheat tortillas and cook both sides in a pan with a little cooking spray. Pair with a full serving of tomatoes and fruit (remember- 1/2 the plate!) and viola!... dinner in about 5 minutes. 

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. hi...
    I am a vegetarian, and I do believe that the veggie diet plays a role, I'm just not sure how. I eat and extremely healthy vegetarian diet, I always eat clean, meaning I eat only foods that have a high nutritional value.http://www.ifbappliances.com/

    ReplyDelete