Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zucchini Pancakes!


Wow- its been a while since my last blog. Life sure gets busy this time of year!

I actually made this recipe a while back- figured I'd better post it before all that garden zucchini is gone. This recipe actually came from my neighbor who gave me a zucchini the size of a football! They turned out great and both of my kids (plus husband) loved them.

Zucchini Pancakes

Grated zucchini
Rolled oats
Whole wheat bread crumbs
Crushed garlic
Eggs

Mix the zucchini and 1/2c to 1c rolled oats. Let sit for about 1/2 hour to absorb the liquid from the zucchini. Add in 1-2 eggs, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Then mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mixture thick. I had to keep adding more as my pancakes started out pretty soggy. Pan fry in olive or canola oil. 

Serve plain or with sour cream. They are great with a salad, tomatoes or even mashed potatoes!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment